Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Day 3



Cemetary's + Over pass= Naked?


Bike Ride: 33 miles

Our ride was a very easy one over the rolling countryside of New York State. We did 10 miles on a perfectly flat bike path that used to be a railroad, and the last 20 miles smelling cow manure. I got very excited when I passed through Goshen, New York which houses my Great Uncle (who donated to my cause). Unfortunately I could not stop as I had to press on. After a short climb and a 4 mile down hill which was awesome into the city square, we set up camp.....and thought of ways to pull off evil pranks against the Central route.

HBC contains three bike routes. I'm a member of South on my way to San Francisco. Also spending the night in Port Jervis was Central who will make it to Portland. As group....South has decided Central sucks and there is evidence to prove it.
1. All 90 of our Jersey's were misprinted........which says that Central will be going to "Portaland".
2. On our way to a mountain I ran into some Central LEADERS (the guys who plan the route) and asked them if they were" ready for the mountain. They asked "What mountain?"

Since this was the last time our path will cross with another HBC group, someone in our group decided since we will never see them again so we must prank them. $33 of Alarm clocks and batteries were bought at CVS, clocks were hidden in the church they were sleeping in, and the alarms were set on the hour every hour throughout the night. I wonder how their ride was this morning....

The night was finished by buying beer and driving in the van through a grave yard, under interstate 84 to the banks of the Delaware River where naked streaking occurred and a small game of limbo as well as dancing marked the occasion. I guess as a Quinnipiac graduate, I'm not used to the "naked parties" they have down the street at Yale. Simply said....my clothes stayed on. Anywho.....it was an eventful night and our first real taste of college activity on the road. Good by Port Jervis! Off to PA!

No comments: